Over the last few years, Graneros de Tenerife has applied its know-how in the animal feed sector to increase the scope of its activities. To be exact, it has directed part of its effort to direct agricultural production in egg-laying poultry and pig farms. In this line of action, it has founded two companies, Granja Avícola Productos Ganaderos de Tenerife SAU and Granja de Porcino Productos Ganaderos de Canarias SL. The idea behind these projects is to make available to feed distributors and the Canarian population top-quality products at competitive prices. The advantages which are added to the business experience in animal feeds are knowledge of the local market and the low level of local production of meat products, which enables fresh local supplies to gain market share with perfect health conditions and complete traceability. The products of Granja Avícola and Granja de Porcino have enjoyed wide acceptance and recognition by Canarian consumers.
Granja avícola Productos Ganaderos de Tenerife, S.A.U.:
- Egg-laying poultry farm with capacity for 150,000 hens and a production of 2,500,000 eggs a month.
- Automated feeding and air-conditioning system with automatic egg extraction and classification.
- Air-conditioned classification and storage rooms.
- Our own marketing under the La Recova brand.
- Staff of 16 persons.
Granja de porcino Productos Ganaderos de Canarias S.L.
- Closed-circuit pig farm with 180 sows in production.
- Our own marketing of the carcasses.
- Staff of 3 persons.